Friday, June 15, 2012

Faa Registration is officially in progress.



As far as Government agencies go the FAA is pretty easy and friendly to deal with. Aside from providing all the forms you might need online they also have automated tool to track the status of requests. Going to: http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/  and searching the Document Index I can see that they have in fact received all of my paper work. Looking at the FAQ page for registrations, they not only tell you how to look and see when your paperwork arrived, but they also have up to the minute statement saying where they are in the back log of requests. As I write this they are working on requests that came in on June 4th. The Document Index says that mine were received on June 13th so I can safely anticipate my registration being renewed and ownership transferred within two weeks.

The registry alone is pretty interesting. Just for fun I searched to see how many other Ed Gardners there are out there in the friendly skies. I was really surprised to see only one that came up in the registration data base. I was even more shocked to see that he owns a Cub!!!

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet."
Or in this case, that with same name would also buy a Cub.



Whats next?
  1. Inventory of the Project
  2. Stripping the remaining rigging from the fuse and sending it out for sand blasting.
  3. Ordering Spars and sealed struts.
  4. I need to determine what landing gear I have and if I will need to make modifications for Gross weight.
  5. I need to get the continental engine on a stand (its currently sitting on the old tire that it came home on with a crushed eyebrow... (ouch)
  6. Order as many drawings as I can afford and manuals.
  7. Re-watch Paul Babcocks wing rebuilding video
  8. spend less time surfing e-bay and barnstormers for parts and spend more time actually working

No comments:

Post a Comment